Saturday, October 16, 2010

CAKE.

Okay, so Wednesday was our friend Jody's birthday, and we decided to make him a cake. Adrianne, of course, took control of it because she is the cook. Me and Jelly decided to "help" (aka sit at the table and eat the left over cake batter). Anyways, Adrianne left to go study and told us to make the brownies. DISCLAIMER: She left us in charge of her own free will.
So... we figure out that we can't make the brownies yet because the cake is in the only pan that we have. We only had half an hour until Jody was supposed to be there, so we took matters into our own hands. As we flipped the cake out of the pan onto a cookie sheet, it crumbled into a zillion pieces. Keeping our cool, we decided that we would just put it back together with the frosting... it looked like someone had already eaten and puked up our cake. Realizing this, we then decided to splatter brownie batter all over the top of it. Agreeing that our final product was cooler looking than any normal cake, we put it in the fridge. Five minutes later, Adrianne comes down to check on the cake, and to her horror, finds its corpse in the fridge. She was very very unhappy. Jelly and I could not stop laughing which did not make matters any better. Frustrated, she stomped off. In her fury, she had scraped the top layer of the frosting off on the shelf in the fridge. Awesome. We fixed it by spreading the left over frosting and brownie mix over the exposed part of the cake, making a gooey brown mass that looked hardly edible. But its okay because it was delicious!
Moral of the story: Don't let Jelly and Sam cook. Ever.

-Sam

1 comment:

  1. Hey. It’s Adrianne:) I feel the need to tell my side the cake story So, I wanted to make a cake for Jody’s birthday, but his birthday was the day before my psychology midterm. I hurriedly baked his cake, which was beautiful. Funfetti. Golden brown. Legit:) Anyways, I pulled the cake out of the oven and set it on the counter to cool. Before going back to my room to study, I suggested that Sam and Kelly should make some brownies. I also specifically said to NOT touch the cake. After a half hour, I returned to find the cake nowhere in sight. I looked at Kelly and she motioned toward the fridge. I opened the fridge, finding the remains of my cake. What once was a pan of baked goodness was now transformed into a mess. It looked like someone vomited on the cookie sheet. Perfect. I looked at them and they could see my frustration. I was pissed. As they tried to explain what happened, they started laughing until they became hysterical. I went back to my room, wishing I hadn’t left them with it in the first place. Jelly and Skippy don’t mix with baked goods. Ever. Yes, I was upset, but I was simply frustrated that my birthday present to Jody was ruined. He may never trust my baking skills again. Haha. So that’s my side of the story. It’s a good thing I love Jelly and Skippy a ton:)

    ReplyDelete